Nutramax Cosequin Maximum Strength Joint Supplement for Dogs - With Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM, 250 Chew Tabs
Cosequin Maximum Strength Plus MSM contains glucosamine hydrochloride, sodium chondroitin sulfate, and methylsulfonylmethane (MSM). This combination of ingredients help support healthy cartilage. Cosequin joint health supplements are brought to you by Nutramax Laboratories Veterinary Sciences, the #1 veterinarian recommended supplement company.*
- Joint Health Support for Dogs: Cosequin, the #1 veterinarian recommended retail joint health supplement brand, contains glucosamine hydrochloride, sodium chondroitin sulfate, and methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) that helps support healthy cartilage
- Easy to Serve: Cosequin Maximum Strength Joint Health Supplements come in tasty chewable tablets and soft chews for dogs of all sizes
- Manufactured in the United States with Globally Sourced Ingredients: Cosequin is a high-quality, dog joint supplement
- From the #1 Veterinarian Recommended Supplement Company*: Nutramax Laboratories Veterinary Sciences has been a leader in pet health for over 30 years, and provides supplements to support joint health, digestive health, and overall wellness
- Backed by Science: Nutramax Laboratories Veterinary Sciences supplements are veterinarian formulated with high-quality ingredients to ensure your pet is receiving a safe supplement
Glucosamine Hydrochloride 600 mg, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate 300 mg, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) 250 mg, Manganese (Manganese Ascorbate) 3 mg. Other Ingredients:
Brewers dried yeast, dextrose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, natural & artificial flavors, and silicon dioxide.
Please refer to directions on package for full administration instructions.
Store at room temperature with bottle tightly closed. For use in animals only. Keep out of the reach of children.
FAQs for Cosequin
1. What is Cosequin?
Cosequin is a dietary supplement designed to support joint health in dogs and cats. It contains a combination of active ingredients, including glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate, and sometimes other compounds like MSM (methylsulfonylmethane), to promote joint function and cartilage health.
2. How does Cosequin work?
Cosequin's active ingredients work together to support joint health in pets. Glucosamine helps stimulate the production of proteoglycans, essential building blocks of cartilage, while chondroitin sulfate helps maintain cartilage elasticity and inhibits certain enzymes that break down cartilage. MSM is believed to have anti-inflammatory properties that can further aid in joint comfort.
3. What conditions does Cosequin address?
Cosequin is primarily used to manage joint-related conditions in pets, such as osteoarthritis, hip dysplasia, and other forms of joint degeneration. It can also be used as a preventive measure to maintain healthy joint function in aging or active pets.
4. Is Cosequin safe for pets?
Cosequin is generally considered safe for most dogs and cats when administered as directed. However, it's essential to follow the recommended dosage based on your pet's size and weight. Always consult your veterinarian before starting any new supplement to ensure it's suitable for your pet's specific needs.
5. Can Cosequin interact with other medications?
Cosequin is typically safe to use alongside most medications, but it's crucial to inform your veterinarian about all the medications or supplements your pet is taking. Certain drugs, particularly blood-thinners, may interact with Cosequin, so professional guidance is essential to avoid any potential complications.
6. How long does it take to see results with Cosequin?
The time it takes to observe noticeable improvements in your pet's joint health can vary. Some pets may experience positive effects within a few weeks, while others may take longer. Consistent use and adherence to the recommended dosage are critical to achieving the best results.
7. Can Cosequin be used for puppies and kittens?
Cosequin is generally safe for use in young animals, but it's best to consult with your veterinarian before giving it to puppies or kittens. They may have different nutritional needs compared to adult pets, and the vet can determine the appropriate dosage and suitability based on the individual animal's health status.
8. Can Cosequin cure joint issues in pets?
Cosequin is not a cure for joint conditions, but rather a supplement that supports joint health and may help manage the symptoms of joint-related problems. It's essential to use Cosequin as part of a comprehensive treatment plan, which may include medication, weight management, and physical therapy, depending on the specific condition.
9. Is Cosequin available without a prescription?
Cosequin is typically available over-the-counter (OTC) in many pet supply stores and online retailers. However, it's still a good idea to seek advice from your veterinarian before starting your pet on any joint supplement, even if it doesn't require a prescription.
10. Are there any side effects associated with Cosequin?
Cosequin is generally well-tolerated, and adverse effects are rare. Some pets may experience mild gastrointestinal upset, such as vomiting or diarrhea, but these symptoms are usually temporary. If you notice any unusual reactions in your pet while using Cosequin, consult your veterinarian promptly.