Digestive Enzymes Plus Probiotic Powder 4 oz
For use in dogs and cats over the age of six weeks.
Use to Help:
• Food Transitioning
• Sensitive Stomachs
A source of:
• alpha-Amylase which can hydrolyze starch.
• Protease which can hydrolyze proteins.
• Cellulase which can break down cellulose.
• Lipase which can hydrolyze triglycerides.
Guaranteed Analysis per 1/4 Rounded Teaspoon (1 gram):
*alpha-Amylase (Aspergillus oryzae)
*Lipase (Aspergillus niger)
*Cellulase (Trichoderma longibrachiatum)
100 Million CFU
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog & Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.
(1) One SKB unit is defined as the amount of enzyme needed to form 10 mg of reducing sugars from 1% soluble starch solution at pH 5.0 and 40 °C in 30 minutes. (2) One FCC Lipase Unit (LU) is defined as that quantity of enzyme that will liberate the equivalent of one μmol of acid (H+) per minute from the substrate, under the conditions of the assay. The assay is based on a five-minute hydrolysis of an olive oil substrate at pH 6.5 and 30 °C. The fatty acids released on hydrolysis of the glycerol esters are determined by titration with sodium hydroxide. (3) One carboxymethyl cellulose unit (CMCU) is that amount of enzyme which liberates one micromole of reducing sugar (expressed as glucose equivalents) in one minute under the conditions of the assay. (4) The activity of bromelain is measured in the FCC PU; the assay of which is based on the hydrolysis of casein. This assay is based on a 60-minute proteolytic hydrolysis of a casein substrate at pH 6.0 and 40°C. One PU (Papain Unit) is defined as that quantity of enzyme that liberates the equivalent of 1μg of tyrosine per hour under the conditions of the assay.
This product is intended for intermittent or supplemental feeding only.
Metabolizable Energy (ME) as fed: 3,893 kcal/kg (4.09 kcal/1/4 tsp.)
Fructooligosaccharides, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Solubles, Dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum Fermentation Product, Carica papaya, Dried Bacillus coagulans Fermentation Product, and Maltodextrin.
Directions: For dogs and cats over the age of six weeks.
• Add 1/4 rounded teaspoon to each cup of dry or wet food.
• Each 1/4 rounded teaspoon equals 1 gram.
• Give NaturVet Digestive Enzymes Plus Probiotic at every feeding.