Horse Health Equine Ivermectin Paste 1.87%, Anthelmintic and Boticide, .21 ounces
This apple-flavored Ivermectin paste dewormer provides effective treatment and control of most parasites in horses, removing worms and bots in a single dose. It is effective on large and small strongyles, pinworms, ascarids, hairworms, large-mouth stomach worms, bots, lungworms, intestinal threadworms, and summer sores caused by Habronema and Draschia spp. cutaneous third-stage larvae. Ivermectin may come in cellophane wrap or in box.
- Kills 35 species and stages of worms and bots combined
- Kills all three stages of the two most common bot species
- Use every other month (six times per year) for broad spectrum parasite control
- One syringe treats a 1,250-pound horse
- Safe and effective on all horses including broodmares, stallions, and foals
- No need to rotate with another wormer
- Made in the USA
Active Ingredient: 1.87% Ivermectin
Syringe contains sufficient paste to treat one 1,250-pound horse at the recommended dose rate of 91 mcg ivermectin per pound (200 mcg/kg) body weight. Each weight marking on the syringe plunger delivers enough paste to treat 250 lbs. body weight.
- While holding plunger, turn the knurled ring on the plunger to the right and slide it so the side nearest the barrel is at the prescribed weight marking.
- Make sure that the horse's mouth contains no feed.
- Remove the cover from the tip of the syringe.
- Insert the syringe tip into the horse's mouth at the space between the teeth.
- Depress the plunger as far as it will go, depositing paste on the back of the tongue.
- Immediately raise the horse's head for a few seconds after dosing.
All horses should be included in a regular parasite control program with particular attention being paid to mares, foals and yearlings. Foals should be treated initially at 6 to 8 weeks of age, and routine treatment repeated as appropriate. Consult your veterinarian for a control program to meet your specific needs.