Bravecto Chews (fluralaner) Flea and Tick Treatment for Dogs by Merck, 9.9-22 lbs, 250 mg, 1 ct
This product requires a prescription
Your pet and vet information will be confirmed by our pharmacy before dispensing. Details and state availability.
Note: Manufacturer will not allow us to discount this item
- 90% of pet parents surveyed prefer BRAVECTO to other flea and tick products1
- Up to 12 weeks* of extraordinary flea and tick protection with a single chew
- Fast-acting, long-lasting protection
- Chew lasts nearly 3X longer than monthly treatments
- Kills 100% of newly arrived fleas within 24 hours for 12 weeks2
- Starts killing fleas within 2 hours after administration2. Kills 100% of fleas within 12 hours of dosing2.
- Available in a tasty chew. Should be taken with food.
- Safe for breeding, pregnant or nursing dogs3
- Safe for ivermectin-sensitive dogs4
The active ingredient in Bravecto (fluralaner), an ectoparasiticide belonging to the isoxazoline group, is systematically active against fleas and ticks (black-legged tick, American dog tick, and brown dog tick), delivering protection for 12 weeks. It also kills lone star ticks for eight weeks. Presented in a highly palatable flavored chew that dogs accept readily.
Bravecto Chew for Dogs kills adult fleas and is indicated for the treatment and prevention of flea infestations (Ctenocephalides felis) and the treatment and control of tick infestations [Ixodes scapularis (black-legged tick), Dermacentor variabilis (American dog tick), and Rhipicephalus sanguineus (brown dog tick)] for 12 weeks in dogs and puppies 6 months of age and older, and weighing 4.4 pounds or greater.
Bravecto Chew for Dogs is also indicated for the treatment and control of Amblyomma americanum (lone star tick)
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION:
The most commonly reported adverse reactions include vomiting, decreased appetite, diarrhea, lethargy, polydipsia, and flatulence. BRAVECTO has not been shown to be effective for 12-weeks duration in puppies less than 6 months of age. BRAVECTO is not effective against lone star ticks beyond 8 weeks after dosing. Fluralaner is a member of the isoxazoline class. This class has been associated with neurologic adverse reactions including tremors, ataxia, and seizures. Seizures have been reported in dogs receiving isoxazoline class drugs, even in dogs without a history of seizures. Use with caution in dogs with a history of seizures or neurologic disorders.
1 Lavan RP, Armstrong R, Normile D, Zhang D, Tunceli K. Results from a U.S. dog owner survey on the treatment satisfaction and preference for fluralaner against flea and tick infestations. J Vet Sci Technol. 2017;8:439.
2 Taenzler et al. Parasit Vectors. 2014;7:567
3 Freedom of Information Summary, NADA 141-426.
4 Walther et al. Parasites & Vectors 2014, 7:86
*BRAVECTO® Chews for Dogs kills fleas, prevents flea infestations, and kills ticks (black-legged tick, American dog tick and brown dog tick) for 12 weeks. BRAVECTO Chews also kills lone star ticks for 8 weeks.
Our pharmacists are available for counseling regarding prescriptions purchased from Pet Supplies Delivered before and after dispensing. Monday - Friday, 9 AM - 2 PM CST. 1-800-367-4444.
Fluralaner 250 MG
Each chew is formulated to provide a minimum dose of 11.4 mg/lb (25 mg/kg) body weight.
- Bravecto should be administered orally as a single dose every 12 weeks
- Minimum dose of 11.4 mg/lb (25 mg/kg) body weight
- Bravecto may be administered every 8 weeks in case of potential exposure to Amblyomma americanum ticks
- Bravecto should be administered with food.