Strepvax II (Strangles) Equine Vaccine, single dose syringe, 1 mL
Streptococcus Equi Bacterial Extract
For use in healthy horses of all ages as an aid in the reduction of disease (strangles) due to Streptococcus equi infection.
- Promotes phagocyte destruction of virulent S equi
- Sensitizing elements of whole cell bacterins are virtually excluded in the extraction process
- The only S. equi vaccine that can be administered IM.
- A purified M-protein antigen extracted through an exculsive process which promotes destruction of virulent S. equi.
- Exclusion of sensitizing irritants of whole cell vaccines of the past, reducing the risk of vaccine reactions.
- Does not require reconstitution or intranasal injection, making Strepvax an attractive option for practitioners who desire convenience and ease-of-administration.
- Killed vaccine with no risk of reversion to virulence.
We recommend ordering vaccines on MONDAY or TUESDAY. To reduce the chance of your vaccine order being exposed to excessive heat or cold, use overnight or priority mail delivery. Vaccines shipped by any other method cannot be returned.
Prescription required for syringe orders shipping to: California, Connecticut, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and U.S. Virgin Islands.
Prescription required for Minnesota.
Using aseptic technique inject 1 mL IM preferably in the hind quarters. For primary vaccination give 3 doses at intervals of 3 weeks. Foals vaccinated when less than 3 months of age should receive an additional dose at 6 months. Revaccinate annually and prior to anticipated exposure.