Proin ER (phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride extended-release tablets) for Dogs, 145 mg, 30 ct
This product requires a prescription
Your pet and vet information will be confirmed by our pharmacy before dispensing. Details and state availability.
! This product is not available for sale or shipment into Louisiana.
FDA-approved Phenylpropanolamine Hydrochloride medication for the control of canine urinary incontinence due to urethral sphincter hypotonus.
PROIN ER (phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride extended-release tablets) provides the same proven efficacy as PROIN (phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride) chewable tablets in extended-release tablets for once-a-day dosing. Our patented extended-release technology provides a controlled release mechanism that achieves steady absorption.
Urethral sphincter hypotonus causes canine urinary incontinence as a result of weakened muscles of the urethral sphincter.
PROIN works by increasing urethral sphincter muscle tone to help prevent urinary leakage.
Why PROIN ER?
- Convenient – Given with food, a single dose per day simplifies treatment
- Innovative – Patented release technology provides controlled release that ensures steady absorption
- Easy to Administer – Chewable, liver-flavored tablets improve compliance
- Easy to Prescribe – Four dosing strengths based on body weight to provide simplicity
- FDA Approved – FDA approved for control of urinary incontinence due to urethral sphincter hypotonus in dogs
What are the common clinical signs of urinary incontinence in dogs?
- Dripping or leaking urine
- Excessive licking of the genital area
- Red and irritated skin around the genital area
- Needing to go more frequently than normal
- Wetting the bed or sleeping area
- Urinating inappropriately in the house
Our pharmacists are available for counseling regarding prescriptions purchased from Pet Supplies Delivered before and after dispensing. Monday - Friday, 9 AM - 2 PM CST. 1-800-367-4444.
Active ingredient: phenylpropanolamine hydrochloride
PROIN ER comes in four sizes for dosing:
- 18 mg: 10-20 lbs.
- 38 mg: 21-40 lbs.
- 74 mg: 41-80 lbs.
- 145 mg: 81-125 lbs.