Dog Vitamin Guide
In addition to your dog’s nutritious daily food, your furry friend may require vitamin supplements if they are missing the essential amount that is necessary for healthy growth, reproduction, and maintenance.
These essential vitamins and mineral ingredients are already in their food, but some dogs may require different amounts.
Your veterinarian may determine that your pup is missing out on these ingredients by evaluating their health or behavioral issues and their specific diet.
Always consult with your vet before giving any vitamins to your dog.
It is important to monitor the amount of vitamins your dog is getting daily as a large dosage amount can cause toxicity and a low dosage amount can cause a loss in weight, hair, and difficulty with digestion.
Types of Vitamins and Benefits
Multivitamins provide your pup necessary ingredients all together to maintain a healthy life.
Nutri-Vet Multi-Vite Chewable Tablets provide a wide spectrum of the best vitamins for dogs, along with minerals to complement your dog’s normal diet. Veterinarian formulated for dogs one to seven years old, this multivitamin has a tasty liver flavor dogs can’t resist.
Pet-Tabs contain 18 essential vitamins and minerals to balance and complete a dog’s nutrition.
- Meets or exceeds industry standard for canine vitamin–mineral supplementation.
- Helps correct nutritional deficiencies caused by poor diet or appetite loss.
- Palatable meat-flavored base has special taste appeal.
Vitamin A is essential for normal skin and mucous membrane health and helps maintain resistance to infections.
Vitamin B Group
Vitamin B1 (Thiamine), B5 (Pantothenic acid) - Maintain healthy energy metabolism level
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), B3 (Niacin), B12 (Folic Acid) -These vitamins ease enzyme function to prevent diseases.
Vitamin B6 - Helps red blood cell and nervous system function correctly.
Canine Red Cell Supplement 32 oz
Canine RED CELL feed supplement for dogs for use as a supplemental source of vitamins and minerals.
- Helps keep dogs performing on the hunt, the track and in the showring
- Good for dogs in all life stages, including gestation, lactation, growth and maintenance of adult dogs
- Specially formulated for hunting & field dogs, racing Greyhounds, show dogs and senior dogs
- Contains beef liver concentrate as a source of flavor
Vitamin C supports joint, cardiovascular, cognitive, visual and immune system health.
PetsPrefer Adult Maintenance Plus Chewable Tablets for Dogs 180 ct
- Helps keep adult dogs in peak condition
- Complements normal diet with key vitamins including C and K
- Helps maintain appetite and energy levels
- Enriched with Biotin for healthy skin and coat
- Manufactured in the USA with domestic and imported ingredients
Vitamin D facilitates proper absorption of calcium and phosphorus from the intestinal tract.
Vitamin E helps maintain normal skin and mucous membranes, cardiovascular function, and a healthy circulatory system. It also protects cells against damaging free radicals.
This prevents bleeding problems by helping blood clot with synthesis of coagulation proteins.
Updated December 7, 2021